We had the April Managing Committee Meeting at Agra which turned out to be a landmark event. MCM is always an important event for betterment of our organization. It is important that every society representative attend this meeting .There were very important decisions taken at this meeting and I am sorry to say that many of you missed them due to your absence.
I have observed that many Society presidents and secretaries do not know their duties and responsibilities as a member society. I have therefore attached a swift tutorial document for all of you to refer to. Please find attached the names of the societies who have not responded to the respective chairpersons and vice-presidents and please con tact them with immediate effect. It is important that you are in touch with the happenings at the FOGSI central office.
Dr. Sanjay Gupte
Awaiting Society Response
- Dr. Roza Olyai - Akola , Jalna, Jalgaon
- Dr. Ragini Agrawal - Gwalior, Raipur, Noida, Varanasi, Dehradun, Singrauli,Durg, Korba, Cannanore
- Dr. Acharya Prasant V - Agartala, Dibrugarh, Imphal, Nagaon, Jorhat, Nalbari,Shillong, Faizabad
- Dr. Jayprakash Shah - Panaji, Yavatmal, Kerala, Kottayam, Margoa, Cuttack, Adoor, Kapurthala
- Dr. Anupam Gupta - Tirunelveli, Karnal
- Dr. Ritu Joshi - Bareilly, Ghaziabad, Azamgarh, Bulandshahr, Firozabad
- Dr. Manish Banker - Surat, Rajkot, Vapi, Parbhani, Nadiad, Himatnagar
- Dr. V.K.Poddar - Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Silchar, Aizwal, Kohima, Anand
- Dr. Ashis Kumar Mukhopadhyay - Northern India, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Nabha, Faridkot, Roorkee,Haldwani
- Dr. Rajat Ray - Orissa, Berhampur, Burla, Ranchi, Bhubaneshwar, Bharuch,Bhuj
- Dr. Sujata Misra - Patiala, Bokaro, Dhanbad, Saharanpur, Shahjahanpur, Srinagar
- Dr. Harshad Parasnis - Erode, Nagercoil, Palghar, Osmanabad
FOGSI Member Societies - Rights and Responsibilities
Congratulations for taking up the mantle of the President and the Secretary of the member society of FOGSI
This document will help give you a swift tutorial as to what you need to know as the responsibilities of this post are concerned
- Yours is an important member society of the Federation of Obstetrics and Gynecological Societies of India
- You also are the member of the Managing Committee of FOGSI which meets in January, April and September. You all are expected to attend these meetings personally or if not possible you can send representatives from your societies (after approval)
- You have to immediately update your own contact Information to the FOGSI central office as under
Your postal address, email address, contact numbers such as landline, Mobile number
- You need to update your members contact details too and report to FOGSI
- Every member of your society is the member of the FOGSI and is eligible to receive the FOGSI journal therefore this list has to be updated and the membership should be allotted to eligible members for which you can consult the FOGSI website or any of the FOGSI office bearers
- You are supposed to actively participate in the FOGSI programs and implement them in your societies
- Please check whether your constitution is in place. If not take guidance and make your constitution
- You are allotted a guardian Chairpersons and a Vice president to guide you regards the day to day functions of your society in affiliation to FOGSI
- Remember we are proud members of the esteemed FOGSI and each one of us should take it upon ourselves to empower ourselves in strength so that we can achieve what we wish to for the profession
- Please enroll as many members as can be in the various schemes of FOGSI viz. FOGSI Mediclaim Policy, Social Security Scheme & Indemnity Policy .These are tailor made to our needs.
- Regularly visit FOGSI website ; www.fogsi.org and remain updated
- Be more interactive through mails and we sure then can remain in touch
- Encourage more members to become the members of The Indian College of Obstetrics and Gynecological Societies of India (ICOG)
1} Improvement of FOGSI Website
It gives us great pleasure to inform you that the your FOGSI Website www.fogsi.org which went online on February 4, 2010 recorded its first 100,000 page hit on Saturday, August 14, 2010.
The FOGSI Website has now proved itself as an important medium of communication, not just with FOGSI members but also with the cyber world at large. Our website has gone from averaging around 500 hits a week just six months ago, to over 500 hits a day since February.
For this we must acknowledge the unstinting support and guidance of our Presidents Dr. C. N. Purandare and Dr. Sanjay Gupte and the Managing Committee of FOGSI for reposing confidence. We also thank our many contributors, members of Team Website whose inputs are responsible for attracting visitors to our Website for repeated visits.
We believe this only the start. We are in the process of formulating the Website committee as directed by the Managing Committee of FOGSI and are confident that once in place this will take us to greater heights.
The FOGSI Website is your website and we welcome your suggestions, advice, contributions and involvement and in fact look forward to them.
And above keep surfing, dropping by and motivating others to do so.
Yours in FOGSI,
Dr. Nozer Sheriar
Deputy Secretary General, FOGSI