Re: FOGSI-Indemnity Policy : Establishments Covered For Ob-Gyn. Practice & Procedures, Not For Other Faculties.
FOGSI has evolved a dedicated Medical Indemnity Policy prolonged negotiation with Insurance Companies to protect and defend our members and their hospitals against litigation’s. It has always been a difficult task dealing with day to day practice and worry about litigation most of the times frivolous, taking valuable time in legal advice and courts. FOGSI decided to take this on and share your responsibility with policy and we hope all of you will avail of this facility.
The salient features of the policy are :
- As soon as you are served a notice you have to forward it to FOGSI office along with case papers. FOGSI will then forward it to the Insurance Company.
- Committee of seven people comprising of three from FOGSI, one solicitor and three from Insurance Company will decide how to deal with it and the best of lawyers appointed by Committee will represent you at your court with medical support from Zonal Committee of FOGSI. The Committee can also decide whether to contest or settle the claim.
- All litigation including criminal will be dealt with. If a member is found criminally guilty and liable for a fine, then the fine alongwith the legal bill will have to paid by the member. If not found guilty criminally all the expenses will be borne by the Insurance Company.
- The polices are designed for 20 lacs, 40 lacs, 60 lacs, 80 Lacs, 1 Crore, 2 Crores and 3 Crores cover. You can choose whichever as per your needs.
- There are various categories of policy:
- Individual FOGSI members operating at different hospitals.
- Resident doctors.
- Individual FOGSI members working in their own hospitals along with Hospital Indemnity covers.
- Individual FOGSI members who render Medical Services in other hospital plus hospital indemnity for 10, 20, 30, 40 beds.
THE IMPORTANT FEATURES OF THIS POLICY IS THAT UNLIKE IN THE PAST THIS POLICY WILL COVER ALL YOUR UNTRAINED STAFF UNDER YOU.
- Your Cheque will have to be paid to “FOGSI – Indemnity” alongwith the form marking which category you are opting for.
- The policy will then be sent to you by the Insurance Company.
- THIS IS AVAILABLE ONLY TO FOGSI MEMBERS.
- All queries and correspondence regarding this be addressed to FOGSI Office or to Mr.Chandrakant Narsingpura.
AN OPPORTUNITY HAS ALSO BEEN NEGOTIATED FOR BACK DATING PROTECTION FOR 3 YEARS FOR THOSE WHO ARE ALREADY INSURED. THIS RETORACTIVE PROTECTION IS AVAILABLE WITH A PAYMENT OF JUST 30% LOADING AMOUNT ONCE.
I hope this will take care of the long required need of our members.
Hoping for an early response.
With warm regards,
PLEASE SEND YOUR DEMAND DRAFT IN FAVOUR OF “FOGSI INDEMNITY” PAYABLE AT MUMBAI OR LOCAL MUMBAI CHEQUES